The Dunes on Monterey Bay
The Dunes on Monterey Bay (“The Dunes”) is a mixed-use, diverse, planned community that encompasses 429 acres of former Fort Ord, located in the City of Marina. It is located just east of Highway One and south of Imjin Parkway (Highway sign off Twelfth Street). The development is long-term over multiple phases and actively under construction.
Visit The Dunes On Monterey Bay website for more information.
Recently, the Marina Community Partners & Shea Homes provided a updated to the City Council and community regarding the much anticipated Promenade Development. Click on the following links to view the video of the meeting and see the presentation materials.
- Restaurants, neighborhood market, retail and hotel.
Recent development projects:
- University Village Apartments, a 108 unit apartment complex and community center is completed and fully occupied with a significant waiting list. This $12M project is located on 2nd Street and 9th Street and serves very low income households.
- Cinemark - $5,8 million, 5-screen multiplex theater.
- The Dunes on Monterey Bay - constructed and sold homes located at 3003 Boardwalk Avenue, Marina (corner of 10th and 2nd Avenue) These homes, built by Shea Homes are available for viewing and sale. Final build out of 1,237 homes.
- Retail and Restaurants (Scott Negri) in the Dunes on Monterey Bay Shopping Center consist of 21,000 Square feet retail development near the movie theatre.
- Veterans Affairs and Dept of Defense Clinic - serving 25,000 patients annually, this 3-story; 150,000 sq. ft. facility is located on a 14.31 acre project site within the Dunes on Monterey Bay Specific Plan area.
- Springhill Suites (Marriott) Hotel Project - 4-story hotel, 106 rooms with Monterey Bay views.
- The Promontory (AMCAL) - CSUMB student housing includes 175 one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom dormitory units, for a total of 583 bedrooms.
For documents related to The Dunes on Monterey Bay (formerly University Villages) go to the Document Center.
View The Dunes Illustrative Plan Map.
View The Dunes Second Implementation Agreement
View the Dunes Arborist Report