Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The COVID-19 Crisis continues to be a dynamic situation with information, orders and guidance from the State of California and the County of Monterey changing daily.
The State of California has launched covid19.ca.gov a new comprehensive website dedicated to COVID-19 and its impacts. The County of Monterey continues to maintain and update resources on the website as well.
Monterey County Vaccine Information
The County of Monterey has developed a webpage with information about vaccine distribution, schedule and what you can do to prepare. Visit the webpage here.
To better educate County residents and answer questions, the County held a townhall meeting on January 14, 2020. Watch the recording here to learn more.
Find out more about vaccine safety and other information on the CDC webpage on COVID-19 Vaccines
Service Changes being implemented to slow the spread of COVID-19
Several service changes are implemented in response to the Stay at Home Order.
RECREATIONAL AND CULTURAL SERVICES
- All recreation programs are canceled.
- Senior Center, Teen Center, and Youth Center are closed.
MARINA PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Public Library and Community Rooms are closed.
- City Manager’s Office, Community Development Department, Public Works Department, and Finance Department are closed to the public. Please visit department web pages for more information.
- The Marina Fire Department is fully staffed and responding to calls for service.
- All public education programs suspended, including public fire station visits.
MARINA POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Police Services remain open for business with enhanced measures to minimize exposure.
PUBLIC CITY MEETINGS
The City has instituted Remote Meetings using the Zoom Application. Visit the Participate in Remote Meetings web page for more information.
Regular Actions the City is Taking
The City of Marina is continuing to closely monitor the Novel Coronavirus in close coordination with the Monterey County Public Health Department. In light of the County’s latest guidance, and for the safety of City employees and the community, the City of Marina is currently implementing the preventive measures listed below.
- All doors and handles are being disinfected regularly throughout City Hall facilities;
- Hold regular cross-departmental meetings to identify and implement further preventive measures;
- Adjusted gatherings to observe the County’s guidance for social distancing;
- Placed bottles of hand sanitizer at all public counters;
- Supplied staff and public counters with disinfectant wipes;
- Posted informational signage, concerning preventive actions to protect against and slow the spread of the virus, at all public counters;
- And continue to participate in briefings with the County Public Health Department.
Protect Yourself and Your Community
Please visit covid19.ca.gov.
Cover Coughs and Sneezes
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue, handkerchief, or sleeve.
- If you sneeze into a tissue, throw it away immediately and wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hand. If you do, wash your hands immediately for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Clean Hands and Surfaces Regularly
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face specifically your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, tabletops, counters, phones, keyboards, and light switches.
Stay Home When Sick
- Stay home and away from others when you are feeling unwell.
- If you have a cold, flu, or other viruses, you can prevent the spread of germs by wearing a mask.
- If you have symptoms like cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, contact your doctor first before going in
- COVID-19 Economic Support
- Food for those in Need
- Help for Businesses- Temporary Outdoor Use Application @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>