COVID-19 Economic Support
Temporary Outdoor Use Application
Due to COVID-19 restrictions for indoor uses, the City is permitting temporary outdoor uses for businesses. An application is required to participate in this program. There is no fee for the application and the City strives to approve applications within 24 hours of receipt.
Support your Local Businesses
The community can continue to support our local businesses while complying with the Stay at Home order by purchasing goods online or by phone for delivery, attending virtual classes and services provided online, purchasing gift cards for future use by phone or online, ordering take out or delivery food service, and participating in social media to continue to promote and support our local business community. Please visit the Marina Chamber of Commerce for more information on how you can support local businesses.
Help for Business
State of California
- Governor’s Office on Business & Economic Development The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) has compiled helpful information for employers, employees, and all Californians as it relates to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. For a complete list of resources, please visit the California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response website.
- California Employee Development Department (EDD) EDD has prepared a Coronavirus 2019 FAQs page to help answer questions about the benefits available.
- California State Treasure’s Office CalCAP is a loan loss reserve program which may provide up to 100% coverage on losses as a result of certain loan defaults. Individual borrowers are limited to a maximum of $2.5 million enrolled over a 3-year period. Contact a Participating Lender to enroll
Technical Advisement & Assistance for Business
- Cal Coastal Small Business Development Center (SBDC): Available to provide free, individualized and confidential one-on-one advising for financing assistance and building a strategy to plan or recover from impacts to your business.
- SCORE Mentors offer free, personalized assistance to address the current crisis to help you adapt your business. Remote mentoring services are available via phone, email, video and chat. Find a mentor today.
- There are a variety of free webinars available to businesses through the Small Business Majority to learn about financial resources to help cope with COVID-19.
- Marina Chamber of Commerce Your Marina Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Volunteers are working hard to help our local economy and business community during these uncertain times.
- Cal Coastal Small Business Development Center
- Small Business Administration Guidance & Loan Resources
- Small Business Majority
- FEMA Disaster Assistance
- CA Governor's Office of Business & Economic Development @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>