Health and Fitness
Play-Well: Every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m. PST join online lego play on Facebook. Lego Mike will demo a project and you can build along.
Fitness Blender for Kids: Participate in a 25-minute workout to burn off energy, increase bone density, balance, endurance and even strength.
Workout with Paul: Ten excercises to get youth motivated in a life of exercise.
Little Sports: These great animated cartoons take you through short home-exercises that you’ll love.
Active Kids Do Better offers free resources for parents including work out routines and anything that will help children be active for 30 minutes a day.
- This 8-minute workout is for teens who want to work up a sweat and get in shape. It’s a great way to get inspired.
- Balance Exercises for Teens with Fitness Coach Mark Verstegen shows the world’s greatest stretch known to man.
- This teens fitness workout by the Kid’s Coach is and interval session guaranteed to get you fit as!
- Ready for a workout series? The body coach will get you started on a lifetime of fitness.
For Children and Teens
Marina Recreation & Cultural Services along with Marina PAL is offering the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) Youth Fitness Challenge while we “Learn from Home” in August and September. To learn how to participate and win awards, please see Half Marathon Fitness Challenge.
- Headspace, a mindfulness app, is offering a free trial of Weathering the Storm. It includes meditations, sleep, and movement exercises to help you out, however you’re feeling. It’s our small way of helping you find some space and kindness for yourself and those around you.
- Downward Dog App is making all of its apps (for smartphones) — Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout - completely free.
- Do Yoga With Me - Free yoga videos provides a way to get in tune with your body and relieve stress.
- Nike Training Club offers an App filled with free fitness videos.
- Youtube has thousands of fitness-at-home videos. Here’s a link to a search where you can find the right videographer who works for you.
- While we’re at it, Youtube also offers thousands of free guided meditations to help you de-stress.
- So, you prefer old-school exercise? Here are pdfs of 100 no-equipment workouts ( Volume 1) ( Volume 2) ( Volume 3).
- Les Mills Mindfulness body scan workout helps us develop both our capacity to pay attention and our relationship to the physical body.
Forward Together Weekly Sessions<
Monterey County Behavioral Health in Collaboration with EpiCenter is offering Forward Together Weekly Sessions Teen Connect Tuesdays at 2 pm. It is a space where youth can join to talk about mental health is available. Its safe, its fun and its informative.
To join visit: https://montereycty.zoom.us/j/93427461858
Or, from a mobile device or landline, call 1-669-900-6833 or 1-346-248-7799 and enter: 934-2746-1858#.