On September 4, 2019, the City Council adopted a resolution declaring its intent to initiate proceedings to transition the City from at-large to district-based Council Member elections.
The City Council is required to hold at least five public hearings in connection with the establishment of electoral districts, before the Council moves to consider an ordinance to transition the City to district-based elections. These public hearings have been scheduled as follows:
- September 17 – Educational Presentation 1 to discuss data and receive Council and public input
- October 1 – Educational Presentation 2 to discuss data and receive Council and public input
- November 5 – Draft Map Presentation 1 for Council and public input
- November 18 – Draft Map Presentation 2 for Council and public input
- December 4 – Council to consider a Ordinance adopting the final district maps
Residents of Marina are encouraged to participate in the district establishment process. A District Elections web page has been set up to keep the public informed. Check the web page regularly to stay informed. You can also sign up to be notified through Notify Me and opting into the District Elections notifications to stay informed. All City Council Agenda items related to the public hearings noticed above will be published in the Agenda Center.