In collaboration with the County of Monterey, United Way Monterey County is providing financial assistance to eligible tenants who are experiencing unemployment and loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will be offered to the community starting March 16th.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• Tenants living within the County of Monterey, regardless of immigration status
• Income loss must be related to COVID-19
• Tenants may have formal or informal lease arrangements
• At or below 50% or 80% Area Median Income of Monterey County
*Program will prioritize funding for low-income tenants, as well as those who are at immediate risk of homelessness, or have rental arrears
|Household||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People|
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM LIMITATIONS?
• Rent plus utilities assistance not to exceed 12 months of assistance per tenant
• Only 3 months may be future rent payments
• Rent arrears must be paid before future payments
Applicants must provide the following documentations to apply:
• Documentation of housing or financial instability resulting from loss or reduction in income due to COVID-19
• Proof of income eligibility (2020 tax return, recent paystub, W-2, bank statement, unemployment award/benefit, hour reduction notice from employer)
• Government-issued ID (from any country) that includes a photo, name, and birthday for the head of household
• Rent due notices
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Monterey County residents have two options to apply:
1. Fill out the application at www.MCRentHelp.com
2. Call 211 Monterey County by dialing 211. Call Specialists will determine your eligiblity for assistance