The Community Liaison Officer in the Marina Police Department is assigned to assist victims of domestic violence and other violence related crimes. The position also assists in a support role to the Detective Bureau. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves victims of domestic violence and other crimes by recontacting the victim and witness periodically to determine whether or not their needs are being met
- Provides complete explanations to victims and witnesses of the procedures involved in the prosecution of their cases and their role(s) in the procedures
- Informs the victims of domestic violence how to obtain a restraining order and recommends other post-arrest assistance programs
- Provides victims information on financial assistance available to them through state victim crime funds.
- Assists with photographs and documentation of injuries on crime victims
- Conducts follow-up investigations regarding missing persons and runaway juveniles.